- Providing all materials, labor, equipment and services.
- Subcontracting with various trade and specialty contractors.
- Applying for or assisting in the application process for building permits.
- Monitoring schedule and cash flow.
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Ensuring a safe and secure project site.
The underlying pillar of our philosophy for design-build projects is trust. By developing and fostering trust between the Owner, contractor, and engineer, a remarkable synergy is developed which translates to successful projects and satisfied clients. When this is accomplished, clients get what they want and the construction experience becomes a pleasurable journey.
More and more clients are selecting to the design-build process for their capital projects, turning the tables on low-cost contractor selection in favor of the best value, history of engineer and contractor relations, and the team’s ability to function collaboratively. Embracing the design-build philosophy has proven to increase opportunities for innovation while providing the potential to shorten the overall project schedule – a win-win situation for all members of the team.
Why We Do It Better
Advantages of design-build include:
- Single point of accountability and contact for the client
- Risk is shifted to the design-builder, reduced risk for the client
- Ability for the client to select the contractor and engineer based on qualifications and historical success
- Project cost is determined based on a budget so the client knows the project cost early in the design process, not when the bids come in
- Projects are completed faster than conventional design-bid-build
- Constructability is built into the project since the contractor is involved throughout the design, resulting in lower costs and higher quality